Our Catchment Area
Our service is provided to residents who need palliative care within the Mornington Peninsula Shire, City of Frankston and parts of the City of Kingston (south of Mordialloc Creek). You must be living in this area to be eligible to access our service.
Referrals to PHH can be made by clinicians, including GP’s, Specialists, hospital staff or through self-referral by the family or the client. Not all people with a life limiting illness require a referral to PHH.
A referral would be appropriate according to the following criteria:
- The client has been diagnosed with a progressive and advanced illness
- Current treatment is not for curative purposes, but rather with a goal of quality of life
- Palliative issues exist, which could include the following:
- Need for assessment and treatment of symptoms such as pain, nausea, shortness of breath, anxiety or depression
- Need for Spiritual, social or psychological support to affirm life and regard dying as a normal process
- Need for a multidisciplinary team approach to assist with client and carers to manage with issues associated with living with a terminal illness, to live as actively as possible until death, and in bereavement.
The Referral Process
Via Online Referral Portal
1. Complete online referral form via the button below.
2. Please upload further medical information:
- Letter of referral if specific needs or requests not identified in online referral
- Copies of relevant specialist letters (e.g. Oncologist letters)
- Hospital Discharge Summary
- GP Health summary
- Copy of relevant scans and pathology results
- Relevant medication list/orders
Upload or fax all information to 03 5973 2444